Faded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faded

A post apocalyptic RP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Haven News Logs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Queen
Admin

Haven News Logs Empty
PostSubject: Haven News Logs   Haven News Logs I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:14 am

Historical Archive Log - #15 - Date of Log Entry : 24.10.2490

Date of Event : 17.6.2471

In the year 2421 mankind felt the thread of its own morality waver and they sought to protect themselves by digging deep into the Earth to shelter their best and brightest minds.  This effort was called Project Haven.  At the project’s core was some of the most impressive earth moving equipment of the time.  In fifty years they accomplished what others could only hope to dream of doing in hundreds if not more.  They had not only the framework of the city dug but they had the basic machinery set up within the first ten years.  During the next forty years the buildings began to take shape and the inner technical workings of the city were laid.  During the ribbon cutting ceremony the city’s Virtual Immersion Nano-Tech Assistant was activated and introduced to all the scientists present.  Hailed as the best system to assist in all fields of science, this program’s primary objective was to provide a housing facility for all data collected as well as a platform to perform tests with this data.
Archived by Archivist James Felderman

Project Haven survived and thrived, until in 2621 when disaster struck.

**Video log collection 11538: Magistrates Kieran Ilythri and Benjamin Radley; Prime Minister Duncan Tarrant

January 15, 2621. Magistrate’s Personal Log.

A strange shaking during the night, rumors of some unknown gas in the tunnels.  Will follow up with later entry.

January 28, 2621. Magistrate’s Personal Log.

We are calling it ‘The Red Mist.’ It seems to attach to machinery and eat away at it rendering it useless.  Some of it is trapped in the Elevator, our link to the surface world.  They’ve patched it up and sealed the elevator above tons of metal to keep the mist out.  Our last link to our dying planet is gone...We are truly the children of the darkness now.

July 3, 2623.  Magistrate’s Personal Log.
Final Entry.

My name is Benjamin Radley. I am fourty-five years old. And there is no hope left for humanity. There is no sun. Our food supply is running scarce and our people are dying.
If they are not home counting the hours before hunger takes them, they are on the streets with unauthorized weapons fighting over the last crust of bread.

My wife’s name is Martha Radley. Our children’s names were Dante and Iris. We loved them very much.

**The subject’s shaking hand reaches into his pocket and pulls out an ancient pistol he means to raise it to his temple but thinks better of it, tears streaming down his face now as he drops it on the desk with a clatter

Martha and the kids are sleeping now. And I have to join them.
**With a final wracking sob, the subject puts the weapon in his mouth and pulls the trigger.**

December 31, 2699. Prime Minister Duncan Tarrant New Year Speech (Transcribed by Court Trancriber Delya)

We stand at the threshold of a new dawn.  A little over 75 years ago we were almost wiped out due to a depression, but the citizens of New Haven have banded together, we have survived, we have thrived, we are on our way to being truly self-sufficient.  Our food stores are growing faster than we can eat as we’ve begun to use a new breed of genetic modification on our crops.  The plants are 100% nutritionally sound and will permit everyone who eats them to get their full daily dosage of all necessary vitamins and minerals.  Our children are growing strong and intelligent, they will continue to carry us forward, and beyond.

Furthermore, we’re prepared to introduce the new  Light-Path system within the coming months, which you can see being built behind you.**The Recording device pans behind the crowd to show the Light-Path tower being built**  This system will permit easier travel throughout the city of New Haven, and will let us enjoy the finer things in life just a little bit easier, and a little bit more often.

We must maintain our resolve, we must maintain our craftsmanship.  The dawn is today my friends.  Today we all take a new step forward.  And to kick off this new year right.  It is my honor, and my privilege, to introduce to you all my new wife.  Viola Tarrant, Sainted Mother of the Order of Fides Purus Scientia.  With her at my side, our city operating with the combined might of the Order and this government and its ideals we shall continue the march of progress.  Onwards and upwards! *UPROARIOUS APPLAUSE*

**Viola Tarrant joins her husband on stage, beaming. She kisses him deeply before turning to her people.

My fellow New Haveners, I rather not keep you all from proclivities! I simply want to say Fides...Purus....Scientia.
Thank you.

END LOG**
Back to top Go down
https://thefadedproject.rpg-board.net

Haven News Logs
Page 1 of 1